Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Million Bucks (and then some...)


Sometimes, on mornings like this, I feel like the absolute richest person in the world. I started this morning early, before sunrise with a visit out to the lovely henny-penny’s to let them out to wander and eat up the rest of the night’s mosquitoes. Then I jumped into my running clothes and was off for a run along gravel roads, past old Comer houses and trees draped in wisteria that seemed as rich and purple and buoyant as lanterns covering the old trunks. I made it back to the Neighbor’s Field and past the gardens with plenty of time to spare, so I headed on down a little path to one of the ponds.  The cold water hasn't really deterred me from swimming yet, but I must say, it is lovely to dive in and not have to come up screaming. This morning the water was smooth as glass and my splash cleared away the clouds of pollen resting on the surface. How lovely to float a little and say good morning to a new day from the surface of a pond! Then it was back to the K-House for a shower and a bowl overflowing with oats and grapenuts and last-summer’s blueberries and a steaming mug of tea. And now I’m off to do childcare and see what the rest of this brand new day holds. I feel a bit like no matter what else happens today, the day has already been well-spent.






No comments:

Post a Comment