Friday, January 25, 2013

And the training begins...


Once a month we get a half day “retreat” off. This is a time to be in prayer for the work of the community as well as to take time to do the things that refresh our soul. So, I went for a bike ride, of course. I did a 25 mile loop today… and stopped for a few picture breaks along the way. Georgia is beautiful, I have decided. This area is covered by back roads wandering over rather-large rolling hills that are cut through with rivers and sprinkled with a whole smattering of chicken barns and handsome beef cows of all colors and types. It was good to be out on the roads and on my own for a little while. Also, I didn’t get eaten by any dogs. This is good.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you didn't get eaten by any dogs! That is why I stopped biking here: too many chihuahuas. Plus, I don't like changing bike tires. Hope you have a good time in Georgia. It will be hot this summer. Watch out for flying beetles.

    ReplyDelete