So it turns out the houses here only use woodstoves for
heat. Multiply that times two woodstoves in the main volunteer living/gathering house (Koinania House or K-House), at least one in each of the permanent houses (5 or so...), one in the school house, one in the shop, and various others scattered about... and you have yourself a whole lot of warming up to do.
There is a whole lot of firewood which comes from a lot of felling and sawing and hauling a whole lot of trees. They do have the best of the best Stihl Chainsaws for most of this, however, there is one thing you won't find here: A wood splitter. Nope, here you will find not one, not two... but approximately 30ish wood-splitting humans of all shapes, sizes and ages.
Also, as I discovered today, I am among them. Yup, it turns out I am capable of swinging a
full-sized axe and hitting the same place on a log often enough that it
actually splits… eventually… without too much cursing. Note: Grunting, loud
yells and something to get a little angry about do help.
No comments:
Post a Comment