Thursday, January 17, 2013

One of those days...


Do you ever have those days when you daydream about where you would rather be? Well, today was just not one of those days. I spent the morning learning how to plant Paw-paw seeds with Natalie in the little A-frame greenhouse and hand-splitting old fence posts with Scott and Leah to use for tree markers. I ate a delicious lunch of sweet potato leftovers and garden-fresh greens with friends. I spent the rainy afternoon mucking through boot-deep puddles in a woodsy swamp, helping to break a trail under the guidance of the ever-energetic and optimistic Blake. It was just like when I was a kid, meandering through the spring swamps in our woods looking for frog eggs – spring peepers singing, rain patting the trees, my heart content to explore for hours. Afterwards it was back to the K-House to chow down Lemon Poppyseed cake with Kathrin and an entire pint of blueberries followed by me taking one of the most well-earned showers of the week. Then supper – again, delicious. And, afterwards, I did have the best intentions of going to bed early, but the music making started with a guitar… and then a cajón drum box…. and then a djembe… and a banjo… and a mandolin… and lots of singers… and a washboard… and the singing didn’t stop until nearly 11pm. I can’t imagine a more wonderful Wednesday. My body is tired. My soul is singing. I’m gonna sleep like a log tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment