| PearlIzumiBarrierConvertibleBikeJacket from last Christmas You. Are. Amazing. (Thanks so much Mama and Papa! :-) |
Also, I had my first canine victory today, which was just great after my yelling, crazy-mad-woman sprint last week to outrun a pitbull. Icky. So this ride I decided to try a new strategy: Don't Let Them Sense Your Fear. I wasn't quite ready for it when the big brown dog with a black muzzle came barging out onto the road with the hair on his neck standing up, but as soon as I let out my first yell I caught myself and slowed down my bike. "Hey there big guy... that's a good buddy... how's it goin' there ol'-buddy-ol'-pal-ol' friend indeed?" I said just as friendly and calm and evenly as possible in my most-convincing Georgia accent.
And it worked! He stopped... and stared a little... and then sighed and lumbered back to his front porch. So great! Here's hopin' this strategy will work on more than just my big brown and black friend today considering how many rides I want to do yet on these rolling, winding, back country roads.
Anyway, it was a great ride... and I had a great nap afterwards which was just lovely. In case you are interested here is a little more of what I saw on my ride today:
| Break time at a hilltop church. I believe this was only non-Baptist worship place that I saw this morning. |
| There are many granite quarries around here and just about everyone has some sort of a monument in their front yard. Hmm.... |
| Black picket fences and lovely Georgia hills. |
No comments:
Post a Comment