Alright, so here is the big, exciting news of the day: IT WAS SUNNY...All day!! (and warm to boot!) I'm realizing that this is a rare occurrence indeed and am slowly beginning to remember what the sloppy, wet, warm-waking-up weather of Spring is really like. In any case, this definitely called for a celebration and so, in spite of my great, speedy 25-mile ride with the ever-energetic Blake yesterday, I went for a lovely 42-mile ride today.
Yesterday's ride was misty and quite completely clouded over, but it was great to explore new roads and have someone to ride and talk with along the way. Also it was great because I am at least 10 (or maybe even 11) times more fearless about being pursued by canines of the slobbery, barking, chasing sort when someone else is along... and there were plenty of the barking, slobbery sort to be had on those back country roads. However, in spite of having less company along the way today, it was wonderful to get all warmed up after the cold drizzle of yesterday's ride.
I biked the first 35 miles this morning and then met up with some of the other volunteers at Watson Mill Bridge for some quality baby carrots and peanut butter right from the jar and a little lounging in the sun time. Down time is a precious, precious thing in our work here and so it was wonderful to have an hour to hang out before our evening worship service and big Sunday evening meal.
So, here are a few pictures from the day, and then I am off, off and away to bed. Sweet sunshine dreams to ya'll!
 |
| The Colbert Caboose (and yes, I do feel like a tourist now) |
 |
| Snack time! |
 |
| Um, are those what we think they are?? |
 |
| Why yes, yes they are. Cool! |
No comments:
Post a Comment