Route: Richmond, Louisiana to Ruston, LA (Temple Baptist Church)
Distance: 93.95 miles
Riding Time: 6 hrs: 56 mins
Average Speed: 13.5 mph
Max: 29.9 mph
Weather: Alright, mostly sunny and up to 85, but with the humidity it sure was a pressure cooker by about 1pm... not whining, just stating facts. A lot of gatoraide and frozen-pop thingies and good ol' water were consumed today by just about everyone.
About today:
- Up at 4am. Breakfast at 5am. On the road by 6ish. Yeah long biking days!
- Today was a really long biking day. After a lot of consecutive, high-mileage biking days my legs are feeling a bit like jello on the uphill climbs and I relish the moment after the first few minutes on the bike when my bum goes numb and doesn't hurt quite as bad for a little while. Sigh. Rest day on Sunday will be a beautiful thing indeed.
- According to a helpful farmer in a large truck that stopped by our first rest stops, we are "in redneck country now." And, by the way, what the heck are we thinking biking through Louisiana anyway? Nobody bikes here... except us... and a couple other folks. Clearly. Alright, so it is true that I did get run off the road by a large sprayer (which probably could have driven right over me with room to spare) but, other than that, I didn't see any real indications that we were too out of place. ;)
- I took a really fabulous and absolutely necessary nap upon arrival. I have been dreaming about taking a nap for days now. It was everything I could hope for and more. True story.
- I can't wait to go to bed - 10pm lights out seems like the latest thing ever.
- Here are some pictures from the day to explain everything else...
| ||||
| Alright... so the amazing church that is hosting us tonight is so big that it has color-coded maps so you don't get lost. |
| Aaaand, just last year they added on a $6.5 million children's wing. |
| Vacation Bible School projects. |
| VBS Finale and Musical! |
| Supper. Oh my I hope this gives me something to work with tomorrow... :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment