Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Segment 2: Ride Day 8

Route: Demopolis, AL to Meridian, Mississippi (First Baptist Church of Meridian)
Distance: 56.36 miles (plus a little to make up for missed miles yesterday J)
Riding Time:  4 hrs: 16 mins
Average Speed: 13.2 mph
Max: 25.7 mph
Weather: Cloudy, rainy, variable wind out of the west (which I didn't notice so much thanks to "Turbo Tom" who is twice my age and "pulled me" most of the way - ie. I followed his back tire close enough to draft off of him. Such a cool trick!)

Ok, I am tired but happy and my bum kinda hurts and I think I just need to sleep now instead of writing all about my day. Sorry. :( Here are some pretty pictures though:

Two states down! Wahooooo!
Also, notice the new friend in the lower right corner.

This pup ran beside us for almost 11 miles today... and then needed to cool off for some reason.
Seriously the sweetest dog ever... I would have taken him home... if I had a home to take him to at the moment.
Welcome to Mississippi! You get a three-bike pile-up and your first real scrape!
No real harm done, just a little extra street cred (which, of course, I can always use).
Here is the pretty gym where we are staying.

Bikes and stuff in the pretty gym.
Some of supper. This is actually fried peach pie and ice cream.
Only in the south... YUM!

This is the sunday school class that provided dinner for us. Lovely, friendly people!

After-dinner scooter races!!

... around Nadine...

Aaaand back to the start!



 Life is grand. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment