Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Segment 3: Ride Day 13

Route: Shreveport, LA to Red Lick, Texas (close to Texarkana, TX) at the Red Lick First United Methodist Church
Distance: 91.23 miles (ok, so it was supposed to be 85.8 miles but sometimes you just end up taking the long way 'round)
Riding Time: 6 hrs: 19 mins
Average Speed: 14.4 mph
Max: 33.0 mph
Weather: Up to the mid-90's by afternoon which was pretty warm and humid (but really no surprise there by now :). Pretty amazing and wonderful headwind/crosswind throughout the day. Yay for heading North-ish!

And, even though we had two whole days with no biking before today, I'm afraid I am too tired to write a proper blog, so for now pictures will just have to do for now... Hope ya'lls week is off to a great start!

There were sunflowers all along the country roads for the first bit of the ride.


Eeeks! A rare and up-close spotting of a wild Kristi.
State Number 1! (But... why is there a pelican on it?)
State Number 2!
Aaaand State #3 of the day! Hello Texas!!

Our wonderful supper, breakfast and church floor hosts!

Supper! (Note: this was after a whole spread of pizza and post-ride snacks. Also, I have heard rumors of a wicked good breakfast for tomorrow. Oh Southern hospitality... Seriously. Amazing.)

Mmm-hmm.

Nest of barn swallows right outside the fellowship hall door.

Sunday school classroom.





4 comments:

  1. Your blog entries always make me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Angela! I miss you and your amazing cooking and really really pretty city... and also find your FB posts highly amusing. Hope you have a great week in the desert at convention! Safe travels to you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, right? The light from the just-risen sun was just about perfect and nature does all the rest. I loved your pictures from your trip west on Facebook! I would love to hear what you are up to these day if you get a chance. Miss you!

      Delete